CHAMP: pre-order me now 11 May 2010

18comments

take me to the river!

“CHAMP” is now available for pre-order on iTunes Canada. why pay now for delayed gratification? because we’ll give you the single “Boots Of Danger (Wait Up)” (as opposed to giving you the single boot of danger)  and a special endangered-species rare track as well. the bonus track is called “First Date Kit” and features Luke of Born Ruffians and you get to hear us sing and rock together.

iTunes Canada

for all you UK types, the pre-order is at amazon: tropical wilderness of online shopping.

Amazon UK

AMERICA: stay tuned for delayed gratification purchase info regarding you. your pre-order will be set up soon. that being said, america, i am living in you right now so you could actually just come on by and i’ll play you the record. map me here.

“CHAMP: Sooner Than Later, But Also Later than Now: The Album”

june 8 in US/CAN

july 19 in UK

-dave

Comments:

The severe lack of Champ in either canine or even word form on the album artwork makes me somewhat sad but its pretty awesome looking nonetheless

Schoonie, on May 11th, 2010 at 4:53 pm

too bad i don’t live in neither of those countries :(

btw i love the album cover!! ♥♥

Aline, on May 11th, 2010 at 5:10 pm

too bad i don’t live in neither of those countries :(

btw i love the album cover!! ♥♥

Aline, on May 11th, 2010 at 7:18 pm

damn i want it now, i can’t wait!

Burgerphone, on May 11th, 2010 at 10:03 pm

I pre-ordered. Gotta love Canada. But I didn’t get First Date Kit. :( Why?

Matt, on May 11th, 2010 at 11:38 pm

You don’t get it right away. You will be able to download it on June 8th with the rest of the album. But if you just bought it on June 8th you wouldn’t get the song.

fliky1118, on May 12th, 2010 at 2:27 am

Does First Date Kit feature Born Ruffians?

Jed, on May 12th, 2010 at 9:34 am

Tried to pre-order today, but the silly flash application for placing US pre-orders never loads, it just spins…

Mike, on May 17th, 2010 at 9:21 pm

[...] all. For starters, their new album, Champ (Mom + Pop), comes alive to the listening public June 8. Canadians can pre-order here, and get treated to the single “Boots of Danger (Wait Up) and a bonus track featuring Luke [...]

Bandcrab» Blog Archive » Go toe to toe with Tokyo Police Club, on May 19th, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Nice album, Bambi’s got a Godzilla Groove! Go Champ go!

Sean, on May 27th, 2010 at 8:07 pm

I just listened to the new album CHAMP from pre-order download and I really enjoyed it. My favorite song is Favorite Food, has a nostalgia feeling to me.

-robert

Robert, on May 28th, 2010 at 4:31 am

Just listened to Champ from the pre order and I am very impressed. The songs are awesome I can’t stop listening to them! My favourites are Favourite food, Boots of Danger, End of a Spark, Frankenstine…oh wait. I like them all! Nicely done TPC great to see a local band have so much success

Mitchell, on May 29th, 2010 at 8:12 am

Great album, just downloaded it today. Is the album art displayed in this blog post the official album art of ‘Champ’? The only reason why I ask is because the digital download did not come with album art of any kind, which was a little disappointing. Also, will people who pre-ordered in the USA get ‘First Date Kit’?

Thanks,

JW

Jan, on June 2nd, 2010 at 8:47 pm

when can we pre-order in the US?

wes meadows, on June 3rd, 2010 at 8:23 pm

As far as I can tell, ppl who did the digital download from the US Champ pre-sale (no pre-order on iTunes was available in the USA from what I saw)did not get ‘First Date Kit’, which is rather disappointing because it is available with the regular album download on iTunes US for the same price, $7.99 USD. I hope this is remedied soon. If it’s a mistake, who should I contact?

Jan, on June 8th, 2010 at 10:39 am

I pre-ordered but never received the link to the full album. Where can I find this?

The link on my receipt just downloads the bonus songs.

Help!

Phillip, on June 8th, 2010 at 11:12 am

I am on the same boat as Phillip, how do we download this damn thing! I want to listen so badly :(

Victor Mota, on June 9th, 2010 at 7:40 am

I have made a TopSpin Support request but have had no response for over 24 hrs.

Please tell me how to download my purchase!

Phillip, on June 9th, 2010 at 3:59 pm